Pam Conner | Fabrication Accountant
Be Strong, Keep Your Eyes on the Goal & Never Lose Sight of Who You Are
Pam Conner is the Fabrication Accountant at Kensington Glass Arts. Pam has been with KGa for 2 years but feels that she has found her “home away from home” working here. Pam shares what her job entails and some great advice to women looking to get into the construction field.
1. What does a day in the life of a Fabrication Accountant for KGa look like?
It’s a busy one. I am always entering payables and receivables along with ordering office supplies and hunting down credit card receipts. I love the fast pace of the position and look forward to learning more as I continue my career at KGa.
2. Why did you choose a career in construction?
I didn’t choose construction it found me! I found KGa and found my home away from home here.
3. How many women work in your department?
Two: Elena and I
4. What do you love about working at Kensington Glass Arts, Inc.?
I love the environment, the friendship and family feel. I love my job and love the passion that everyone has for the glass industry.
5. What advice do you have for women who want to get started with a career in construction?
I would say be strong, keep your eyes on the goal and never lose sight of who you really are. I know it took me time to find my footing but once I did it was empowering.